Thursday, August 1, 2013

Shut the Fuck Up!

 **WARNING** This is a rant.  Read at your own risk **WARNING**


"I don't want to get bulky."

"There are too many people in the gym."

"I don't want to be a gym bro, bro."

"I'm trying to lose weight so I'll just run."

"I'm a girl and I don't want to lift weights."

"I don't want my cardio to go down."

"I don't want to get too much muscle."

Fuck you all, and your excuses. 

These are real excuses from people I know.  And every time I hear them, I hold my tongue.  Or at least, I try.

In reality, these are fucking fallacies that people use to excuse their laziness, and inability to work hard to improve themselves.  Lifting weights and getting strong is the most misunderstood form of exercise there is.

Ladies, you are not going to get "bulky".  Are you fucking kidding me?  Do you really think that you're gonna magically produce the amount of testosterone needed to look like an NFL linebacker, just by doing heavy barbell back squats?  Shut the fuck up, you retarded, skinny-fat whiners.

Lifting weights does not make a man a "Gym Bro."  Yes, there are douche bags (they usually hang out by the dumbbell racks and the curl bars), who "totally blow up their biceps" every time they go to the gym, and they might even be the majority, but don't call me a fucking bro when squat 3 times as often as I bench press.  Stop being fucking lazy and go lift something heavy. 

The masses do not seem to understand the benefits of simply lifting something heavy on a regular basis.  What is more important to you, as a human being, than being able to pick up something heavy, off the floor, without hurting yourself?  Do you really think that running 3 miles a day is going to help you carry your own groceries when you're 75?  Fat fucking chance.

So keep running miles upon miles, and maintaining 20% body fat while doing so.  Keep hopping on the elliptical for 3 hours, and keeping those flabby legs.  I'll be over here, squatting, deadlifting, pushing and pulling.  When you are soft and hurt at 65, I'll still be over here, doing the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment